I have created several resources that can be used for each chapter of Chaos Gate. Current available resources for chapter one are found below. You may use and modify these resources as you see fit. Please provide attribution to Robert Walton if you wish to distribute outside of your classroom.
Recriprocal Questions and Cloze Activity
1. What kind of bird helped Claire escape from the raider?
2. Do you think Claire could have survived without the bird’s help?
(Please answer this question with a full sentence. Then explain your answer with
another sentence and offer proof in subsequent sentences.)
CLOZE – fill in the blanks in the sentences below from words in the word bank.
You will use only three of the words.
WORD BANK: smoke, slowly, fire, bone, gently, stupidly, muscle, paper, jumped
1. The torches became a wheel of ________________ inside a larger wheel of shining eyes.
2. His bare arms were wound with twisted ropes of _______________________.
3. The bird hummed close and touched her cheek ______________ with its bill.
Chaos Gate Vocabulary Search (works with all chapters)
Chapter number _____________________
Find the following words in the story text provided to you.
- Find and write down a color word.
- Find and write down a sound word.
- Find and write down an action word.
- Find and write down a scary word.
- Find and write down a person’s name.
- Write down 5 other interesting words. You choose!
Copy an action sentence: