I have created several resources that can be used for each chapter of Chaos Gate. Current available resources for chapter three are found below. You may use and modify these resources as you see fit. Please provide attribution to Robert Walton if you wish to distribute outside of your classroom.
Recriprocal Questions and Cloze Activity
1. What tasty treat did Claire give to Grizzle?
2. Do you think Claire had good reasons to be afraid of the bear?
(Please answer this question with a full sentence. Then explain your answer with another sentence and offer proof in subsequent sentences.)
CLOZE – fill in the blanks in the sentences below from words in the word bank.
You will use only three of the words.
WORD BANK: mischief, hummed, trembled, oatcake, woofed, warmth, slender
1. Luz ________________ into the air and hovered in front of Claire’s nose.
2. Her _______________________ tongue flicked out and touched a droplet of honey.
3. The bear _______________________ at Claire.
Chaos Gate Vocabulary Search (works with all chapters)
Chapter number _____________________
Find the following words in the story text provided to you.
- Find and write down a color word.
- Find and write down a sound word.
- Find and write down an action word.
- Find and write down a scary word.
- Find and write down a person’s name.
Write down 5 other interesting words. You choose!
Copy an action sentence: